Home Forums WTI Like Post PRO Disable Like/Unlike on certain pages or only allow it on certrain categories

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    prgear
    Participant

I know that you can disable some categories to not show the like/unlike count. But can you also disable the whole counting EXCEPT for some categories?

I have the problem that I have a Question and Answer plugin installed that creates a lot of wordpress pages and I want to disable the like/unlike on all of those pages!

But I want to show the like/unlike on my normal wordpress post types.

How can I do that?

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

If you are referring to the functionality for allowing like/unlike functionality only on some selected categories, then that is not yet available.

If you want to disable the like/unlike buttons on certain pages only, then there is option “Exclude post/page IDs” to achieve this. You need to provide comma separated page IDs.

prgear
    Participant

Yes I need this feature!! Are you implementing this soon into future versions?

I cant use the disable on certain pages only, because the pages I want to exclude are created by users on a consistens basis (everytime someone opens up a new question in my wiki).

Can I somehow exclude ID’s of a certain category? (Say my wiki pages all have IDs between 4xxx and 5xxx or is this completly random?)

If all of this is not posssible, can I somehow do it the other way around? Disable your plugin site wide and ONLY activate it for the categories I need to? Can you provide detailed instructions on how I can do that?

Thanks so much for your time!
    Michael

prgear
    Participant

Any news or answer on this?

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

Will it work for you if we implement only the functionality for “allowing on selected categories”?

prgear
    Participant

Totally!!! That would be so great and exactly what I need!

prgear
    Participant

When would you be able to implement this functionality?

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

It will take at least 2 days, max by weekend you will get this. But we will surely try to accomplish this asap and you will be updated on this.

We need to make sure that this added functionality does not affect existing functionalities. So we may not directly release a new version for this but just a customized one for you for the moment.

prgear
    Participant

wow amazing support! thanks, by the weekend is totally fine for me

ypeynaud
    Participant

Please, keep me posted on this feature too, I am really interested and would surely test it!
    Thx

prgear
    Participant

any news on this?

could you send me the customized version to info@prgear.de?

thanks a lot in advance!!

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

There is a conflict with “Exclude selected categories” functionality. So we will need to find a work around for this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The forum ‘WTI Like Post PRO’ is closed to new topics and replies.