Home Forums WTI Like Post PRO Display authors most liked post on author.php

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SteebZA
    Participant

Hi there,

The pro features list mentions the ability to display the most liked post from an author on that authors page (author.php) but I can’t seem to find how to implement that, I’ve tried copying code from the most-liked-posts.php template but it doesn’t seem to work, no sure how I would go about doing that? any assistance here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

You need to use the code from content-likes.php file. It will show the posts liked by the author. If you want to show the most liked posts authored by the author, then you need to change the query by replacing WHERE L.user_id = {$author->ID} with WHERE P.post_author = {$author->ID}. Do let us know if this helped you or not.

SteebZA
    Participant

Perfect, thanks!

Steve

SteebZA
    Participant

One more quick question; how would I display the content of the top 2 posts out of all posts on a template page? Thanks

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

You can use the above query without the user/author condition with a LIMIT restriction. You can also refer to our blog where this has been explained using meta data. You can remove the category check and add LIMIT.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘WTI Like Post PRO’ is closed to new topics and replies.