Home Forums WTI Like Post PRO Display Total Instead of Like/Dislike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    zan
    Participant

Is there a way to show the total (likes – dislikes) immediately after liking or disliking an item?

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

There are 2 different buttons for like and dislike functionality showing respective counts. So how do you want them to show up? Are you referring to any other place?

zan
    Participant

I actually don’t even want to display the count of likes or dislikes. I want to display only an up or down image (arrow up or down or thumbs up or down) and a number that shows the total (likes – dislike). Preferably, I would like for the images to be separate from the total so that I can position them in different places on the page.

When I click the up or down image, I want the total to be updated immediately without refreshing the page. (I created a shortcode that shows the total, but it only updates after the page is refreshed.)

Is this possible with the current functionality, or could you direct me to which file I might update the code to make this happen?

Thank you.

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

This is not possible with current functionality but you can go ahead with modification from your end and we will assist you. You will have to look into the GetWtiLikePost function present in wti_like_post_site.php file.

We are not sure why you say that you have to refresh the page to show the updated like/unlike count also why you have created a shortcode for that. May be there is some javascript conflict with your theme after the like/unlike activity is processed. Please share your site url.

Thanks

mtnhops
    Participant

Were you able to figure this out? I’d like to do the same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘WTI Like Post PRO’ is closed to new topics and replies.