Home Forums WTI Like Post PRO How do I use the shortcode on custom post types?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Webtechideas 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey there, I bought the pro version in order to use the shortcode functionality, but can’t get it to work.

I’ve got a plugin installed that makes a custom post section called “Random Content”. These posts can be called using that plugin’s shortcode, and I’m doing that to display them in a random order on a single page.

I want to use the [wtilp_buttons] shortcode on these custom post types, but just pasting the shortcode inside these posts doesn’t work.

I tried reading the manual, but it was confusing… how do I get the shortcode working with these specific post types?

If it matters, the other plugin I’m using is “Random Content” by Endo Creative.

Just figured it out after some digging around in the other plugin’s code.

The custom post type created by other plugin was named “endo_wrc_cpt” instead of something logical like “random_content”

After finding this out, I simply went into the WTI settings and added “endo_wrc_cpt” to the “Post types to use”.

That solved it for me, and now everything is working exactly as intended. 🙂

Great to know that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.