Home Forums WTI Like Post PRO Voting only works when logged in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bradzdenek
    Participant

I am running into an issue in which the plugin works perfectly fine while the user in logged in, but others see only the spinning wheel upon voting. The vote is never registered and no visible error is ever thrown.

Any ideas?

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

The voting gets registered by ajax call which is sent to https://coil.psu.edu/ielol/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php This is the process followed for ajax calls in wordpress. But when we access https://coil.psu.edu/ielol/wp-admin it shows screen to login first to gain access. Since this is restrcited, any non-logged in ajax call fails where as it allows in case logged in.

If you password protect your WordPress Admin directory, then it will break the ajax functionality in the front-end (if it is being used). Open the .htaccess file located in your /wp-admin/ folder using any text editor and paste the following code:

<Files admin-ajax.php>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        Satisfy any 
    </Files>

Please let us know if this helped or not.

bradzdenek
    Participant

Unfortunately that did not work.

Are there file/directory permissions I can change while maintaining site security to fix the issue? The site is behind a shibboleth single-sign on which cannot be changed, but I can adjust file and directory permissions.

Thanks

Webtechideas
    Keymaster

The ajax calls should be handled by admin-ajax.php and can not be changed. This works when using security plugins but does not seem to work in your case. We had users for whom above solution had worked. This has hardly to do anyhing with our plugin settings rather a set up of your site.

You are using a different plugin so can you please check with their support team? I am sure they must be having some solution. Please post back here once you get this working.

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘WTI Like Post PRO’ is closed to new topics and replies.